Daccapo collects furniture, objects, clothes that are still usable, saving them from becoming waste and putting them back into circulation, free of charge for those who find themselves in conditions of economic hardship or through the payment of a small donation.
In doing so, it offers job opportunities to people excluded from the traditional labor market, restoring dignity to people and things.
Problem addressed #
The problems addressed are the following:
- production of enormous quantities of waste which generate pollution
- widespread poverty and loss of social values, such as solidarity and socialization
Objectives & implementation #
- the practice is implemented, collecting and reusing things,
- offering job opportunities to disadvantaged subjects, building day after day a more supportive, inclusive community attentive to the common good and the environment.
The main subjects: the members of the project, the employees, the whole community, the institutions involved – municipalities – waste collection companies.
The Daccapo project started in 2014, and is still active
Fields of application #
It can be replicated elsewhere, many associations and cooperatives have adopted it.
Impact & Results #
Daccapo during 2020 produced in quantitative terms:
- 100 tons of non-produced waste with savings in the consequent disposal costs and CO2 produced;
- 4,500 kg per year of reduction of wood waste,
- about 100 restored and decorated pieces of furniture,
- about 250 bicycles recovered and donated